As shown in a previous blog post I’ve expanded upon the storyboard to create an animatic for this animation idea.
I made the animatic in Adobe Flash for ease. The animatic shows the same panels as the storyboard but with additional motion to help the viewer understand the concept easier.
I have identified some potential problems with the animatic. Without text for context, the TV scenes don’t make as much sense. I think I spend too much time on the setup where the character has limited motion. The story would benefit from cutting down some shots from the start and focusing more on the interesting scenes such as the character building themselves.
My next step is to expand upon the ending and correct some pacing issues. I also want to get feedback on this from another lecturer or peers. I’ll look into making alterations and creating a second draft for this animatic. With my armature now complete, I’ll also want to test out the range of emotions and actions it can achieve.