Pirates of the Caribbean Mashup Pack
I was heavily involved with the level design for this pack from the initial scale tests to level design, textures and testing. My main responsibilities on this project were:
- The Ships – accurately recreating the iconic ships in voxel form. I built the initial designs for the Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, HMS Endeavour and HMS Interceptor.
- The World – painting the world on a 2D height and biome map and generating a playable Minecraft world.
- Locations – building iconic locations such as Davy Jones’ Locker, the Fountain of Youth and Rum Runner’s Island.
- Puzzles – creating a number of puzzles and interactions recreating moments from the film franchise.
Additionally, I was also involved in:
- Animated Textures – pixel art animated textures for kelp, seagrass, fire, the clock and Jack Sparrow’s famous compass.
- Video Production – producing and editing in-game flythoughs of the world and walkthroughs of each puzzle for internal and external review.
More info: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/pirates-caribbean-skin-pack-out-today