In this week’s practical session we were asked to consider our interests and influences that might help to shape our project.
- What about stop motion do I want to explore?
- What do I want to learn?
- Is stop motion digital enough?
- What have I found out so far?
- What practice tasks can I do?
For concept development we will look at other artist’s work and reflect on visual influences (how/what/why is the visual meaning on the work?)
We were asked to list visual things that we like:
- Architecture – Gothic, Victorian
- Tim Burton
- Laika Animation
- Batman: The Animated Series (Bruce Timm’s art)
- Pixar Animation
To which I expanded into a larger mind map:
I have already watched a few films from my inspirations such as Laika and Tim Burton which I plan to analyse in a further case study.